Do you like? Human bingo warm up activity
This is a warm up activity that I have used frequently with my 3rd grade high school students and second graders alike. They love it because it gives them the opportunity to move around and talk to each other.
It takes about 10 minutes of class time and by the time the activity is done, they are excited and ready to begin the lesson. And since the activity is so versatile, it doesn’t matter what the topic of the lesson is. Not only that, you can change the words on the worksheet to suit the vocabulary of the lesson you are teaching. Here is how I do it.
How I use it
- I walk in the class, greet the students and call the role
- I then walk to each student’s desk and place the half sheet of paper you will find below on their desk
- I return to the front of the class and tell them we are going to play a human bingo game
- I tell them that on the sheet of paper are instructions on how the game goes and give them a minute to read it
- I then pick a student and go to their desk and begin asking them questions on the bingo list such as do you like music?
- I then go to the next student and do the same and by the time I get to the 3rd or 4th student, they get the idea and start rushing me to get started
- The idea is for them to walk to each desk asking each other questions like the worksheet rules say and the first student to get a role completed yells out BINGO and wins. You may even choose to prolong it to two bingos or three if you like!
and if they say yes like the instructions say, I write their name on that space below music
- Do you like worksheet
The point of this activity is 1. to get the students ready for the lesson 2. to practice the question, do you like? and for the other student to respond yes I like music, singing etc