4 Blacklisted Hagwons in Yeosu
It takes a lot for a hagwon to get blacklisted because a lot of teachers don’t like to leave a job on a bad note. And why should they?
There are some schools that hire teachers and treat them bad. More often than not, teachers have no one to turn to for help when the situation becomes unbearable since there is no governing body for hagwons. As a result, hagwons can do whatever they want. That’s why teachers turn to the internet.
Yeosu is no exception to bad hagwons that teachers need to know about. Here are the 4 blacklisted hagwons in Yeosu.
- Jae Yeon Kindergarten
- Number two removed as a result of possible disgruntled employee with fabricated information about the school. Overwhelming testimony convinced me to removed the second school in light of new evidence
- Yeosu Wonderland
- E Bo Young Talking Club (Singi-dong branch)
Contact Details: Munsoo-Dong, Yeoseo-Dong, Yeosu, Jeollanam-Do
* Underpayments, the Director doesn’t pay at all or when he does, it’s very late.
* Teachers who stand up for themselves are reported to the local police department.
This hagwon is blacklisted on hagwonblacklist towards the bottom of the page.
This hagwon is no longer in business
Address: 2F Hanguk Bld 225 7 Yeoseodong Yeosu, Chunnam Korea.
* A breach of contract by the Director.
* The Director did not pay severance bonus to a number of teachers.
* Disregard of Korean labour law by the Director.
This hagwon is blacklisted on tokyojon
Again let me restate that this post is not an attempt to create a blacklist. It’s only meant to highlight why Teachers who have worked at these schools think it’s worthy of being on this list.
* Average length of stay for foreign teachers is 7 months, and considerably less for Koreans.
* 7-8hr day with no breaks. Frequent weekend work with one-day-or-less notice.
* Every communication problem is blamed on teachers.
* Clear instructions given and then yelled at for following them, and not doing something that wasn’t mentioned.
* Degrading treatment of teachers, including Korean teachers
* Now withholding a current Teacher’s last months pay.
* Constant false claims of chain of events.
I would stay away from this one folks
So if you are mistreated by your school and have good reasons why you think this school should be blacklisted, feel free to submit their information using the comment form below. However, if you work at one of the schools or are a representative with first hand experience and feel like your school, if listed above, should not be on this list or have more to add, send your arguments as well.
And remember, if a school is bad to you, do not take it out on the students. Continue to be the best teacher that you can be for the students until you leave the school.