20 riddles to get your students ready for the lesson
Riddles are a great way to grab the student’s attention and engage them immediately. I use them in almost every class especially the ones that are a bit hard to control because of the sheer number of students.
Here is a combination of riddles I have compiled to use on a daily basis. Some of them are silly, some are goofy and some are outright stupid but that’s besides the point as long as they do what you want them to do.
- Why is a math book always sad?
- What is at the end of everything?
- The one who made it didn’t want it. The one who bought it didn’t need it. The one who used it never saw it. What is it?
- What can burn the eyes, sting the mouth, yet be eaten?
- What crawls on four, then walks on two, then on three?
- The more you take the bigger it gets, the more you add the smaller it gets. What is it?
- What has got four legs but cannot walk?
- What has got teeth but cannot eat?
- Why did the man throw a bucket of water out the window?
- What has a neck, but no head?
- Why did the man throw his watch out of the window?
- There were some twins. One was twenty, the other was twenty 2. One married the other. How can be this ?
- What needs to be broken in order to be eaten?
- Why is number six afraid ?
- Which letter is always trying to find reasons?
- Why is the A like a flower?
- What letter has the most amount of water?
- Why do birds fly south in the fall?
- Which room has no doors, no windows.
- What gets wetter as it dries?
Answer :[ Because it is full of problems ]
Answer :[ A coffin ]
Answer :[ Salt or chilli pepper but I doubt the student know what chilli pepper is]
Answer :[ A human being: As a baby, youth, with a cane later lol ]
Answer :[ A hole: When you dig a hole, the more soil you take out the bigger it gets, the more soil you add the smaller it gets. ]
Answer :[ A table ]
Answer :[ A zipper ]
Answer :[ He wanted to see the waterfall]
Answer :[ A bottle ]
Answer :[ He wanted to see time fly ]
Answer :[ One was twenty, the other twenty too. One was a priest so he married the other ] Save this one for the smart kids. And: These sentences must be asked orally .Pronunciation is important. (too = 2)
Answer :[ An egg ]
Answer :[ Because seven eight nine (seven ate nine) ]
Answer :[ y (why?)]
Answer :[ Because the B is after it ]
Answer :[ C ]
Answer :[ Because it's too far to walk ]
Answer :[ A mushroom ]
Answer :[ A towel ]
I hope you find these useful for your class. Cheers.
And don’t forget to click “LIKE” below to show us love on facebook. Thanks!
Show the ♥ by liking my page: